I have worked as a legal marketing copywriter for nearly a decade. In addition, I have worked for several websites centered on the videogame industry. For a full list of my published/produced works, you can visit this page.
FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters May 2010 – Present
Content Strategist – Core Content and High Value Clients (HVC) September 2015 – Present
• Write content across all product lines including custom websites, site remediation, attorney profiles and social media
• Delivered more than 400 complete websites and more than 1,000 standalone and social media products
• Won numerous organizational awards including Words That Sell and Draft of the Week
• Participated in numerous pilot programs to increase efficiency and balance workload
• Develop multi-platform strategies that encompass web content, PPC campaigns and social media promotions
• Subject Matter Expert –teaching, training and ongoing resource for Profile Content Editor and all directory products.
• International Projects – history of producing quality websites for Canadian and UK clients.
• Mentor –mentor for new writers: review content, provide direction and answer questions on an ongoing basis.
Copywriter II/III May 2010 – September 2015
• Pre-call planning, including meeting with project team members to determine best solution to deliver to the client.
• Interview attorney during conference call to determine appropriate sitemap and web marketing content.
• Develop detailed knowledge of SEO tactics, strategy and implementation.
• Deliver first draft and discuss text with client on development call – re-work content as needed.
• Work with designers and digital marketing consultants to deliver a quality product.
Gamer Investments October 2009 – March 2013
Staff Writer Online
• Responsible for writing fair and accurate video game reviews across platforms.
• Instrumental in developing current game rating system.
• Responsible for writing well-researched and user-friendly content at the direction of the editor in chief.
Gaming Ring October 2009 - January 2015
Feature Columnist Online
• Responsible for delivering high-quality, self-edited content on a range of topics.
Social Media Promotions
In addition to winning numerous company awards (including "Draft of the Week" and "Words that Sell"), Steve Metcalf was recognized for his work for The Lampe Law Office with a 2018 Webaward for Outstanding Achievement in Web Development by the WMA.
It's an unassailable fact that any creative writer you talk to has a folder (either physical or digital) full of "to be completed" projects. Sadly, these projects hardly ever get finished because a writer will generally move on to the next exciting story. Here are a couple projects that I hope eventually see the light of day, but, who knows ...?
"Fallen Harbor" is a pirate story - a revenge story - about a group of sailors chasing down the kraken that destroyed their home.
"Phoenix Hill" is a world-hopping adventure story in the spirit of Indiana Jones. Our hero visits strange, historic locales uncovering a dark secret.